It’s been a hectic couple of days, but I managed to sneak in a quick fun albeit weary break to Disneyland. I don’t have an annual pass because I can’t really see myself going that often (don’t want that Disney magic to wear off so quickly), but I do try to go once a year, especially during the holidays because the park transforms into a beautiful village adorned with Christmas lights! Yesterday, I blew nearly $140 (ridiculous) on a park-hopper ticket, because, honestly, once you’ve gone park-hopper status, you just can’t go back to visiting only one park.
When I go to Disneyland, I always see so many people sporting Mickey Mouse ears/hats. Always the odd one, I sported Mickey ears too… but in a different way, thanks to my Gogo Philip Disney Pearl necklace (sold out). To keep warm, I wore my Cathy Jean OTK boots (similar) over my Asos OTK socks and Hue stockings and paired that with a Forever 21 ribbed henley, a skater skirt from Missguided, and my Forever 21varsity jacket. I brought along my Victoria’s Secret PINK backpack in black (also love this one), which turned out to be a stellar idea because it was a great size for storing my water and snacks and even my jacket.
I cannot emphasize how gorgeous the park was. I was literally walking in a winter wonderland. And because I went on a Friday, the parks weren’t grossly crowded and I managed to hit all the rides I wanted to in a timely order without getting ridiculously impatient and grumpy.
My all-time favorite rides —
- Indiana Jones, Disneyland (forever a classic)
- Space Mountain, Disneyland (something about the dark makes this ride so much more enticing)
- California Screaming, California Adventure (that adrenaline rush and wind blown hair…)
- Tower of Terror, California Adventure (I always get SO scared, but it’s still so much fun)
- Toy Story Midway Mania, California Adventure (so much better than Astro Orbiter)
- Little Mermaid, California Adventure (I know, such a kiddie ride, but I love it!)
- Radiator Springs Racers, California Adventure (forever a long wait)
My must-see attractions —
- Aladdin show, California Adventure (always blows me away)
- World of Color, California Adventure (no other word to describe it besides BEAUTIFUL)
- Fireworks, Disneyland (you can never be too old for fireworks)
So much crazy fun… to the point that I actually left the park around 11PM with a migraine from weariness and hunger, even though I had eaten a hearty dinner too! I went home, napped the migraine off for two hours until around 2AM, and then stayed up until 4AM. Needless to say, I definitely had my fill of Disneyland/California Adventure. Until next year!