If you need a bit of a Met Gala 101, check out my short blurb here to catch up!
Well, it certainly wasn’t as ball gown-ish as I had pictured, but the looks at the Met Gala last night were nonetheless gorgeous! I suppose a lot of the gowns are certainly a modern take on ball-gowns, and I thoroughly loved the white-tie dress code albeit some looks were a tad questionable.
As with the Oscars 2014, I’ve picked my absolute favorites. I can’t stop swooning over the perfection! In no particular order:
- Blake Lively in heavenly goddess-like Gucci diaphanous gown
- Lily Aldridge in a gorgeous slinky metallic Michael Kors number
- Karolina Kurkova in a Marchesa gown that’s undeniably an artwork in itself
- Gisele Bundchen in a Balenciaga black silk and velvet guipure “Marble” lace gown
- Sarah Jessica Parker in an incredible Oscar de la Renta gown fit for a princess
- Maggie Q in a true Zac Posen ball gown with a full skirt that seemed to detach at the waist
- Kendall Jenner in an ultra-tight Topshop blush duchess satin strapless hourglass gown
- Cara Delevingne in Stella McCartney pants (pants!) but looking quite like perfection
Photos courtesy of JustJared