Ever wanted to immerse yourself in a part of Louis Vuitton Creative Director Nicolas Ghesquière’s creative mind?
Over the weekend, I got to visit the Louis Vuitton Series 2 exhibit in Los Angeles set in a giant Hollywood warehouse. Celebrating the LV Spring 2015 collection, the exhibit presents a series of themed rooms, allowing visitors to enter past a giant LV logo and make their way through the unconventional displays:
- The Talking Faces room, featuring an infinite mirror illusion and holograms, quite frankly reminds me of the Starship Enterprise and is definitely one of the coolest sights at the Series 2 exhibit that you would not want to miss.
- The holograms in the Magic Trunk room are as trippy and mesmerizing as can be. I never really put much thought into this prior to this weekend, but now I can’t stop fantasizing about obtaining a Louis Vuitton trunk for myself… for interior decoration purposes.
- The Savoir-Faire room reveals a close look at just how flawlessly and painstakingly each LV product is crafted.
- The Accessories room will blind you… in a good way. Bright and white, this is probably my favorite room, as it contains not only amazing pieces from the S/S 2015 collection but also priceless LV artifacts.
- The Infinite Show room, like the Talking Faces room, plays upon infinite mirrors for effect and offers a 360-degree projection of the S/S 2015 runway presentation.
- The Backstage room, another one of my favorites, holds clothing racks filled with actual pieces from the runway show as well as action shots plastered on the walls to demonstrate the intensity of the chaos, fun, and concentration that all occur backstage – something that isn’t always realized by the public.
- The Poster room is exactly what the name suggests. Not only do you get a free LV Series 2 poster (AND free pop-inspired stickers!), but you can gawk all you want at the LV campaign photographs covering the entirety of the walls and ceiling.
And on this weekend outing, I attempted to dress fittingly according to the temperature despite my disgruntled attitude towards the inappropriate winter weather, so on this blazing 80-degree sunny day (welcome to your typical LA winter day), I went with a boxy utility jacket – lightweight enough for a warm day yet can still work well as a layering piece – and a printed flowy skirt…with pockets! Like a good structured blazer, the military-inspired utility jacket is the perfect classic piece to add subtle edge to an outfit. It’s also easy to introduce into your wardrobe since it complements practically everything. You can check out a few of my favorite utility jackets from Free People, Forever 21 (additional ones here, here, and here), Charlotte-Russe, and Missguided.
FYI – Louis Vuitton Series 2 runs now through Sunday, February 22nd and is open everyday, 10AM to 6PM.
Another FYI – You might notice the white fuzzy things by my feet in the photos below. It’s not debris… it’s actually cotton! Lots and lots of cotton! That whole street was lined with cotton trees! Amazing!
Photos by Herman