Just the other day, I came across Martha Stewart’s One-Pan Pasta recipe and decided to put a spin on it and make it my own! The result? Hellooo Spicy Lemon Chicken Pasta!
I’ve really been enjoying incorporating lemon into my dinners recently. The citrus-y flavor adds a great kick to any meal, and when paired with crushed red pepper flakes, it’ll just send you over the moon. Add some rotini pasta into the mix, along with some spinach as the representative for healthy greens, and you’ve got yourself an easy, quick dinner plan!
Prep time: 5min // Cook time: 20min // Total time: 25min
What you will need:
– 1 lb chicken thighs (I use boneless, skinless)
– 8 oz Rotini pasta (half of the box)
– 2 tablespoon olive oil
– 1/2 cup diced onion
– 2 tablespoon minced garlic
– 2 cups chicken broth
– Kosher salt
– Ground black pepper
– 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 2 cups baby spinach
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– In a pot, boil water and add pasta in. Once pasta has softened, drain water and set aside*
– In a large skillet, heat olive oil
– Add onion and stir continuously until onion is soft
– Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant
– Add chicken to the skillet and cook until just browned
– Stir in chicken broth, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, spinach, and pasta
– Bring to a boil and continue to stir until liquid has evaporated
– Remove from heat, sprinkle cheese on top, and cover until cheese has melted (or use a torch)
– Serve immediately and enjoy!
*If you can multi-task, try going onto the next steps while the pasta is cooking in the water. It’ll cut down on some time!
Using the quantity above, I was able to split the portion evenly between me and H and we both finished our plates with happily full tummies. Granted, we can eat a lot (and I guess I usually have a bigger appetite than most girls), so I can’t really say how accurate my serving size suggestion is, but there’s never any harm in having leftovers!